A Deep And Holy Fear
Good morning
Scripture reading: Jonah 1:7-17
Worship song: Whom Shall I Fear
Meditation:
After the mariners' prayer to their respective gods failed, they cast lots, and the lot fell on Jonah. They gently confronted him and discovered he was running from the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land. The sailors were overwhelmed with fear, yet upon the request of Jonah, they reluctantly threw him overboard into the raging sea. Immediately, the boisterous tempest ceased. Witnessing God's sovereignty over nature, the sailors moved from frantic panic to profound reverence, fearing the Lord exceedingly, offering sacrifices, and making vows to Him.
The sailors' reverence for God is a profound reminder that regardless of whom one serves or what one believes, every individual must ultimately render reverence to the sovereignty of God (Philippians 2:10-11). Even though Jonah’s actions inspired the sailors to worship God, he still faced the consequences for disobeying a divine command.
To run from God's calling and divine purpose is futile, for He is the
omnipresent and omnipotent God. The psalmist affirms that no one can conceal
themselves from God's presence; no place is hidden from His sight. Wherever we
go, God is there, whether ascending to the highest mountain or lying in the
deepest grave.
Let us pray:
Eternal God, we are reminded daily that all glory and honor
belong to You. Thank You for Your relentless pursuit and Your sovereign grace.
We lift Your name on high, O Lord, acknowledging Your declaration in Romans 11,
Isaiah 45, and Philippians 2, that all creation, whether willingly or by divine
realization, will affirm Your lordship and surrender to Your sovereignty. Lord,
I have no other gods but You. I pledge my allegiance to You, O God, and seek to
reverence You only, dwelling in Your presence daily to behold Your beauty. I
declare that no foreign god can replace You, for You are the only wise God.
Forgive me for neglecting the assignments You have entrusted to me. I surrender
my will and fears to You, Lord. Please remove pride, stubbornness, rebellion,
and the spirit of disobedience, and fill my heart with Your peace so I can obey
Your will and walk in alignment with Your ways. Grant me the courage to go
wherever You lead and fulfill the purpose You require of me, Lord. In the
precious name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.
Wishing you a peaceful day. ✌🙏🙏
Thank you dear Lord
ReplyDelete