Bible

Courage Is Not the Absence of Fear

Good Morning

Scripture reading: Joshua 1:5-9

Worship song: Fear Has No Power

 


Meditation:

    President Franklin D. Roosevelt's renowned declaration that "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" was a rallying cry delivered during his inaugural address on March 4, 1933. He urged a despairing nation to reject paralyzing panic and confront the Great Depression's challenges with steadfast resolve. He emphasized that panic and despair were greater obstacles to recovery than the economic crisis itself. There comes a moment when we must venture into unfamiliar territory or take on new assignments requiring encouragement. 

    After Moses' death, Joshua became the new leader, tasked with guiding Israel into Canaan. This responsibility demands unwavering courage to faithfully adhere to divine law and guidance to lead Israel, a nation characterized by rebellion. The Lord encouraged Joshua to be brave and strong. Do not panic or worry about his adversaries, because God is walking beside him, and He will never forsake him. Courage does not imply the absence of fear; rather, it signifies the recognition that there is something more significant than fear. True bravery embodies a decision to prioritize the achievement of a goal, task, or purpose over fear itself. 

    The psalmist David affirms that, when overwhelmed by fear, he places his confidence in God, refusing to be paralyzed by fear when God's presence is with him. Many individuals step out in faith not because they are not fearful, but because they trust in God’s promise to protect and sustain them in their divine calling. Therefore, do not be afraid. If God sends you on a mission, He will shield you from danger.

Let us pray:

    Faithful, promise-keeping God, You are my light and salvation, the strength of my life; I will fear no evil, for You are with me. Lord, I confess that at times I feel afraid and overwhelmed by the uncertainties. Today, I confidently surrender my worries, fears, and anxiety at Your feet, embracing Your divine guidance and plan. Empower me, Lord, to overcome every fear and grant me the courage to walk confidently and purposefully in my divine calling. I am not strong on my own, but with Your divine strength I can conquer all fear. Remind me, O God, whenever I feel fearful, that You did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. Thank You, Almighty God, for Your promise in Joshua 1: 9, that You are with me wherever I go. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Wishing you a day filled with abundant blessings. 🙌🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause For Concern

Show Mercy

Extreme Makeover

Head of the household