Do You Know Him?
Good morning
Scripture reading: 1 John 2:2-5
Worship Song: Without Him
Meditation:
There is a difference between merely knowing about an individual and becoming acquainted with that person. Knowing Jesus goes beyond merely understanding his biography. It is more than knowing about the miracles he performed, more than reading or hearing about him, or believing that he was an exemplary teacher. It involves more than gathering information. Knowing Jesus is not just a partial acquaintance but a deep, intimate knowledge. It means having a personal relationship with Him, making a conscious choice to follow Him.
Those who truly know Jesus place their faith in him, trust him, acknowledge their dependence on Him, recognize Him as the Redeemer of sinners, accept Him as their Lord and Savior, and realize their need for His presence daily. Knowing Jesus involves experiencing His love, His grace, and His mercy every day. It compels one to make drastic lifestyle changes, from engaging in ungodly deeds to performing righteous acts.
To truly know Jesus involves
transforming one's lifestyle through a sincere desire to worship Him and a
wholehearted commitment to living in holiness and in accordance with His will.
Do not be misled by the world's misrepresentation; seek to know Christ
personally through the Word of God. Do not turn Him away; instead, pursue a
deeper understanding of the One who sacrificed His life for your salvation. As
you immerse yourself in God's Word, your hunger for Christ will increase.
Through the Word of God, you can know about Jesus, and through worship and
prayer, you can fellowship with Him.
Let us pray:
Almighty God, I have no regrets for the time I have taken to
listen, read the Word, and invite Your presence into my life. I thank You,
Lord, wholeheartedly for rescuing me from the miry clay and for planting my
feet upon a firm foundation. The more I read Your inspired Word, the greater my
desire to learn about You, who died for my redemption. Savior, blessed Savior,
I desire more of You; I long for a closer relationship with You, one so strong
that neither principalities, powers, present circumstances, nor things to come
will be able to turn my heart from You. May You weaken the enemy's dominion and
destroy his plans. Intervene, Lord, and intercept any schemes of the enemy
designed to distract me, cause me to stumble, or hinder my commitment to serve
and please You. Lord, may my life be a constant reflection of Jesus Christ
residing within me, and may my earnest desire to grow closer to You never
diminish. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I pray. Amen.
Wishing you a joyful day. 🙌🙏
Comments
Post a Comment