My Responsibility
Good morning
Day for Testimony - My Responsibility
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth (Colossians 3:2).
Testimony:
For years, I fought a silent struggle with my own mind, constantly grappling with the wandering nature of my thoughts. I genuinely believed I was the sole individual experiencing such uncontrolled, intrusive thoughts. That perception changed profoundly when I listened to the testimonies of others, including seasoned ministers of the gospel who confessed to facing similar struggles: actively engaged in prayer, worship, or reading scripture, only to realize the mind had drifted completely off course. Their vulnerability provided immense relief and shifted my perspective.
However, training my mind and redirecting it back to the word of God is my responsibility. My mind does not automatically go where it should. I must intentionally control mind-wandering, which most of the time focuses on irrelevant matters. I must take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, not by my own might, I can train my thoughts by intentionally setting my affections on things above and meditating on the word of God instead of reflecting on earthly things.
This commitment requires a complete mental
renewal centered entirely on what is factual, honest, right, pure, lovely, and
commendable.
Let us pray:
Almighty God, I urgently seek Your divine help as I
recognize that one of the most challenging experiences I face is a wandering
mind. Lord, I anticipate the day when nothing can easily divert my attention. I
desire to be so firmly rooted in Your word, feasting and meditating upon it,
that nothing else can distract me. Father, eliminate the distractions, the
influences that attract my attention, and the things I struggle to release.
Lord, I seek to remain consistent and committed to studying Your word. Please
quiet my racing thoughts and calm my heart. Help me take every thought captive
and make it obedient to Christ. Fill my mind with Your truth and keep me in
perfect peace. Lord, I surrender my mind to You, trusting Your power to renew
and transform it. In the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Wishing you a fabulous day. 👏🙌🙏
In Jesus name Amen
ReplyDelete