Running Back To You
Good morning
Scripture reading: St. Luke 15: 11-32
Worship song: You Still Love Me
Meditation:
The parable of the prodigal son is among the many teachings taught by Jesus that deeply resonate in the minds of its audience. In our individual journey, each of us has at times acted like the prodigal son. We have all deviated from God's path, exchanging His presence for a wasteful lifestyle driven by selfish decisions. We may have abandoned what is sacred to indulge in the allure and the glamour that the world has presented.
We misused our God-given free will by making decisions that displeased and rebelled against God. When we have squandered all our resources on careless, ungovernable living, only then will we realize all that is left is the remnant of our sinful deeds.
When you finally acknowledge that your worldly pursuits
have resulted in irreversible damage, remember that you don't have to face it
alone. Turn to the Father, who has been waiting patiently for your return.
Return hastily to the Father, all prodigals; return and receive the treasures
that the Lord has retained for you. Come to the Father while grace and mercy
abound. Embrace God, our Father, who loves you dearly and will never abandon
you.
Let us pray:
Sovereign God, all glory and honor belong to You, O King. I
give thanks, O Lord, for Your grace and tender mercies towards us. I am
grateful to You, Mighty God, for the unconditional love that You have extended
unto us. Emmanuel, Abba Father, I glorify You, mighty God, for You have been a
faithful God, patiently waiting with outstretched arms to welcome the lost, the
wounded, and the prodigal. Father, although we have caused You great grief and
pain, You continue to love and show us mercy. Almighty God, there is no place I
would rather be than in Your presence, feasting at Your banquet table daily,
and surrounded by Your glory. I will cling to You, Lord, with a heart full of
gratitude. I surrender all to You, Lord, trusting You to remove anything that
may hinder my joyful walk with You. Make me a vessel; shape me into whatever
You desire. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior. Amen.
Wishing you a wonderful day. Shalom. 🙌💕🙏
Comments
Post a Comment